Wednesday, January 19, 2011

You Can Hear Me Now (Josie)

“Many American towns with "burg" in their names used to end as "burgh." In the late 19th century, a federal bureau demanded that they drop the silent final "h." The people of Pittsburgh rose, up, however, and demanded the right to retain their precious "h." Their wish was granted. I strongly advise you to be inspired by Pittsburgh's adamant insistence on maintaining its identity, Virgo. Don't let yourself be truncated, abbreviated, or standardized.” - Freewillastrology

Hey
maybe I’ll be an Artist.
Decorate my downtown apartment
in pinks and purples
reds and blues.

Maybe I’ll be the next Audra
Or Liza
Or Julia
Or Anita.

Maybe I’ll dance through town like I owned the place
everyone will know my name
and want to follow me.

Maybe I will do yoga every day
so my body will be tone
I’ll drink things that are green and thin
And my digestive tract will be as clean as a whistle.

Maybe I’ll spend my days flipping through backstage
in my studio apartment
in just-south-of-the-Manhattan-border-Brooklyn
feeding my cat kibbles and bits
smoking a cigarette
and laughing at the voices in my head.

Maybe I’ll pay too much for alcohol
and go mad trying to pay for food
and never make my rent on time
get kicked out
and have to move into a commune somewhere
somewhere far from my home
New York City.

Maybe I’ll believe that one day I’ll be a working artist
That someone will find me
Wind blowing in my face
Beautiful.

Maybe I’ll keep believing
and walking
and going on
no matter what.

Maybe I’ll spend my live in Love with my fellow artists in the struggle
Because
They are
My family.

Hey
maybe I’ll just be a lawyer instead.

Sure, there have been surprises. Some, not so fun. But you have to admit, Holland, with hindsight, moving forward was actually easy. Something worth remembering,
 The Universe



And there have been surprises, Holland, that suddenly changed your entire life for the better, and there will be many more. Jumanji, baby.

Lately I’ve been really into watching SISTER ACT and SISTER ACT II. I think it’s because I’m so in Love with music. I think it’s because I know that feeling that Whoopi Goldberg is so brilliant at conveying, which is finding out that that thing that you do so well can actually help others. Your Love can affect the world. If you shine, you can help others to shine even brighter with their own fire. I’ve done it abroad, I’ve done at school and I think it’s time for me to bring it back home. I think it’s time for me to get out there and show the world my joy: to shine my light further than before.

I really hope the world is ready because I certainly am.

“Holland, you're the only person who knows what's right for you.
The only one.
And if you already know what this is, commit to it. If you don't, commit to nothing.
Only you know…Whether you commit or not, Holland, get busy. There are still things to do, doors to knock on, stones to overturn, trees to befriend....” – The Universe


”In her haunting tune "One Blood," Virgo singer Lila Downs confesses that "the deepest fear [is] my desire." I personally know many Virgos who make a similar lament. How about you? Is there any way in which you are scared of the power of your longing? Do you ever find yourself reluctant to unleash the full force of your passion, worried that it could drive you out of control or lead you astray? If so, the coming weeks will be prime time to face down your misgivings. It's time to liberate your desires, at least a little.” -Freewillastrology

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love you.
    And Sister Act II.

    ReplyDelete
  2. or the next hybrid...paulanita!!!
    and, duh, it will soon be time, as the brits say, to "get on with it!!!
    luv
    yer father, The Claus!!

    ReplyDelete