Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I have been silenced

"Having trouble reading the emotions of a #Virgo? Ya, we all do." -Sexstrology

I've been silenced for a while now.

It might be because of my fear of other peoples' opinions, it might be because I've told myself that I have nothing to say. It might be because I feel that I have abandoned my journal in the hopes that I would write more online...in the hopes that other people would read what I'm thinking and respond. So as not to feel lonely. It might be because I haven't felt lonely in a while. Which might mean I'm lucky. Which could lead to a completely different world view than the one I have now.

It might be because I lost my collection of quotes that I wanted to share on this blog because of a computer error that was mostly my fault. The feelings of guilt and sadness might have overcome my desire to write and post so that I stopped.

It might be because I think that posting on the internet is not my game. It's something that those close to me are very good at and seem to be updated on constantly with their iphones, blackberries and other such equipment that makes it easier to stay connected at every moment of the day. Perhaps I'm becoming an old woman and I want to stay as far away from the computer as possible. Or perhaps I haven't had time.

Whatever it is, it has kept me from updating those I love. I could receive a response that might turn my entire day around and I back down at the thought of having to compile a list of all the things I've done since graduation.

So I suppose I've been busy.
And busy is a good thing.
Right?

"The odd thing about the often long and lonely path of life, Holland, is that when you get to the end of it and look back, you'll find that it was neither of these...The Universe"

No comments:

Post a Comment