Monday, November 21, 2011

What's New

First, if you get a chance check out the following song: "Don't You Want to Share" by Kate Nash. It's the story of my life right now and I have to thank Hope Rehak (hoperehak.com) for inviting me to Kate Nash's music.

"When I'm quiet people think I'm sad. And usually, I am." - Kate Nash

"
"Our elders know you don't find the answer by asking thousands of questions," says an essay on the website of the environmentalist group The Last Tree (thelasttree.net). "The wise way is to ask the right question in the beginning." I recommend this approach for you in the coming weeks, Virgo. Given the sparkly mysteriousness that now confronts you, I know you may be tempted to simultaneously try a lot of different routes to greater clarity. But the more effective strategy in the long run is to cultivate silence and stillness as you wait expectantly for the intuition that will reveal the simple, direct path." - Free Will Astrology. Virgo, week of November 17th

Recently I've done several things that have fucked up my life: fallen out of love, fallen in love again and then took a trip I didn't want to take.

Also, I've done several things that have improved my quality of life immensely: fallen out of live, fallen in love again and then took a trip I didn't want to take.

My big moments of self-discovery usually go the same way. I agonize, analyze and worry over the fact that I need to make a change until I'm so fed up I either leave the stifling environment or break something within it (I think the latter has only happened once or twice in my life, so don't worry about your valuables around me. Usually I break stuff within myself). I knew that my 5th anniversary, topped with my 22nd birthday and my brand-spanking new adult life in the same room I grew up in was going to come to a point, I just didn't know when. Unfortunately it came at an extremely unfortunate moment - mid-coitus - and so thaaaaaat was a thing.

After me crying a lot and then others crying a lot, I finally got my body moving, which was the best choice. I took a long walk on the side of the road in Oberlin, OH and remembered why I love this place so much. On my walk, all the cars that passed me moved to the side so as not to hurt me, I saw a young fawn walk across the road and wink at me and by the end of my walk I had made some shocking discoveries about my personality that, I believe, will help me as I move through to the end of this year (at least). The main thing is that I have absolutely NO patience. I want everything to happen now, now, now and if it doesn't I'm completely distraught and disappointed in myself for not making it happen. I suppose it's a symptom of having grown up in the center of the center of the universe (as we like to call it), or AKA Times Square. If you weren't moving, you weren't living. I found that a speeding bus was not quite fast enough and I began to walk most of my distances by the time I was 7 years old. It's not the worst thing in the world, I mean I never have any complaints about the size and shape of my ass, so I'm grateful for that small fortunate side effect. I think, though, it's time in my life to slow down. It's time to meditate and take time for myself. It's time to be patient with myself and REALLY EXTRA SPECIALLY patient with others. It's a perfect place for me to be practicing that since it was Oberlin College that taught me to slow my walking pace and for those who know me that's incredibly difficult to do even when I have nowhere in particular to go.

If there's something I could impart to anyone listening this week it's Slow Down. Not everything has to be as fast as your morning cup of coffee.






"Gosh, Holland, sometimes to hear you talk, or to listen to you think, one could get the impression that you have absolutely no idea of how extraordinarily well you use your gifts, or of the difference you've been making."

No comments:

Post a Comment